The finished product should be one combined document for the entire group, showing all calculations and graphical representations used.
1. Find the length L from point A to the top of the pole.
2. Lookout station A is 15 km west of station B. The bearing from A to a fire directly south of B is S 37°50' E. How far is the fire from B?
3. The wheels of a car have a 24-in. diameter. When the car is being driven so that the wheels make 10 revolutions per second, how far with the car travel in one minute?
4. A regular octagon is inscribed in a circle of radius 15.8 cm. Find the perimeter of the octagon.
5. What is the angle of elevation of the sun when a 35-ft mast casts a 20-ft shadow?
6. Two distinct, nonparallel lines are tangent to a circle. See picture below. The measurement of the angle between the two lines is 54° (angle QVP).
Suppose the diameter of the circle is 2cm. What is the distance VP?
Suppose the distance VP is 3.93 cm. What is the diameter of the circle?
Find a formula for d, the diameter of the circle, in terms of VP.
Find a formula for VP in terms of d, the diameter of the circle.
See attached file for full problem description.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 7:07 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution provides step by step calculations and diagrams to solve the given word problems.