Select and discuss two examples of real life objects that incorporate the parabolic shape. Explain why the parabolic shape was used for the objects.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:33 pm ad1c9bdddf
Parabolic shape is used in dish antennas that collect wireless signals from television/ internet signal transmitters on household tops. The parabolic surface of the dish ...
Real-life examples of parabolas are provided. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response received a rating of "5/5" from the student who originally posted the question.
geometry and quadratic equation based problems
1) Solve equation r=sqrt(A/pi)
2) Discuss everyday objects that have shapes described by conic section. Remember, the conic sections are the circle ellipse, parabola, and hyperbola.
3) Give examples of quadratic relationship in either nature of business. Remember a quadratic relationship has the form V=a*x^2+b*x+c
4) Here's an example of how simple composite function is constructed. The Area A of a circle is given by A=(pi)*r^2. The volume of V of a container with a cylindrical cross-section A and height H is given by V=A*h. We can then create a composite function that gives us the volume V of the container above in terms of its radius by substituting the function for A into the function for V, as follows:
What examples can you come up with?
5) Identify and briefly discuss two concepts that you believe are best applicable to your profession.