X(year) - 1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996
y(millions) - 5.3,7.6,11,16,24.1,33.8,43.4
1.Plot on graph - define variables and state parameters
2. what type of function models the behavior of the graph? Why
3. create an equation(model) that fits the graph. on a new set of axes draw your model and comment on differences
4. create another equation(model) that fits the graph. draw and comment on any differences
5. which model best fits the data? Justify
6. Use the model selected in #5 to predict the y value for year 2003. they found 159 million in 2003. how well does your model approx. this value? is you model a valid predictor of 2003?
Variables and state parameters are embedded.