Describe the following characteristics of the graph shown in Graph3.pdf:
1. Where is the function increasing, decreasing, or constant?
2. Are there any relative/absolute extrema? If so, where?
3. Is the graph smooth or choppy (piecewise)?
4. Are there any restrictions on the domain?
5. Are there any horizontal or vertical asymptotes?
6. How are the ends of the graph behaving?
7. Where are the x- and y-intercepts?
8. Write the equation.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:07 am ad1c9bdddf
1. It's virtually impossible to tell the exact coordinates of the points where the graph reaches its "highs" and "lows," but the function is increasing on two intervals, which are given below (and whose endpoints should be considered estimates):
x < -10
-3 < x < 3:5
The function is decreasing on two intervals, which are given below (and whose endpoints should be considered estimates):
-10 < x < -3
x > 3.5
The function is probably not constant anywhere, unless the relatively long "horizontal line" at approximately x = -3 is actually indicative of a piecewise function (and not simply an artifact of the resolution afforded by the computer
or graphing calculator that was used to generate the graph).
2. There are relative maxima at approximately x = -10 and approximately x = 3.5; the relative maximum at approximately x = -10 is both a relative maximum and an absolute maximum. There is a relative minimum at approximately x = -3. There are no absolute minima, provided that the graph goes to negative infinity as x goes to ...
The various characteristics of the given graph are explained in detail (including provision of caveats in regard to what can/cannot definitely be inferred from it).
Scatter Diagram Characteristics
A graph that shows the pattern of the relation of two variables is a scatter diagram. How would you define or describe a scatter diagram? When making a scatter diagram, the lowest value on the horizontal axis us usually what value? The overall shape of a scatter diagram should be roughly square. What is the difference between a positive correlation and a negative correlation? If the dots on a scatter diagram seem to form a straight line that goes upward to the right, what is this situation called?View Full Posting Details