There are several questions on rational expressions. Some have been shown here. Please take a look at the wk_4_cp_template.doc for the rest questions.
1) If one-half of one integer is subtracted from three-fifths of the next consecutive integer, the difference is 3. What are the two integers?
2) A passenger train can travel 325 mi in the same time a freight train takes to travel 200 mi. If the speed of the passenger train is 25 mi/h faster than the speed of the freight train, find the speed of each.
3) Ariana took 2 h longer to drive 360 mi on the first day of a trip than she took to drive 270 mi on the second day. If her speed was the same on both days, what was the driving time each day?
4) A plane flies 720 mi against a steady 30-mi/h headwind and then returns to the same point with the wind. If the entire trip takes 10 h, what is the plane's speed in still air?
5) Kevin earned $165 interest for 1 year on an investment of $1500. At the same rate, what amount of interest would be earned by an investment of $2500?
6) Fungicides account for 1/10 of the pesticides used in the
United States. Insecticides account for ¼ of all the pesticides used in the United States. The ratio of fungicides to insecticides used in the United States can be written 1/10 ÷ ¼. Write this ratio in simplest form.