1. Simplify: Remove the symbols of grouping and combine like terms.
5[3(4x - 2) - 3(6 - x)] + 7
2. Subtract (18x2 - 5x + 4) from (3x2 - 3x - 8)
3. Simplify: (27a3 b6 )2/3
4. Simplify: (102x+1)(104x)
5. Simplify and express your answer with positive exponents only.
#6 & 7: Perform the indicated operations and simplify where possible.
6. Multiply and simplify your answer: (5x - 2)2
7. Divide: (18x3 - 12x2y2 + 6xy)(2xy)
8. Given the following radical, write it in simplest radical form:
9. Combine and answer in simplest form:
10. Simplify: Rationalize the denominator
11. Solve for x: 2(4x + 7) - x = 12 - (6 - 2x)
12. Solve the following literal equation for x: a (x + 5) = 2b
13. Solve the following inequality for x: 5 - 3x > 26
14. Solve the following inequality and express the solution set using interval notation. Type your work.
2x + 7 > 17
15. Solve the following inequality and express your answer in interval notation. Type your work.
-18 < 5x - 2 < 8
1.) Divide: (4x3 - 3x + 2) (x+1)
1a) Write the expression that is your answer without the remainder.
1b) What is the remainder?
2.) For the problem below make sure that you answer each part.
Perform the indicated operations and simplify:
2a) The first term simplified is __________
2b) The second term simplified is ____________
2c) The third term simplified is ____________
2d) The final answer, when like terms are combined is __________________
3. Rationalize the denominator and simplify: (Answer each part below.)
3a) To rationalize the denominator you must multiply the numerator and the denominator by _______________.
3b) After doing the above multiplication but before simplifying the numerator is _____________
3c) The final answer, in simplest form: