2. Divide and simplify.
3. Find all numbers for which the rational expression is undefined.
5. Multiply and simplify.
6. Simplify by removing factors of 1.
7. Add. Simplify, if possible.
8. Find the LCM.
9. Subtract. Simplify by removing a factor of 1 when possible.
11. Add. Simplify, if possible.
12. Divide and simplify.
13. Simplify by removing factors of 1.
14. Subtract. Simplify, if possible.
15. Find the LCM of and
17. Divide and simplify.
18. The speed of train A is 6mph slower than the speed of train B. Train A travels 200 miles in the same time it takes train B to travel 230 miles. Find the speed of each train.
19. Simplify by removing factors of 1.
20. To determine the number of deer in a game preserve, a conservationist catches 357 deer, tags them and lets them loose. Later, 492 deer are caught; 164 of them are tagged. How many deer are in the preserve?
21. The OfficeJet Printer can copy Sue's dissertation in 10 min. The LaserJet printer can copy the same document in 14 min. If the two machines work together, how long would they take to copy the dissertation?
23. Add. Simplify, if possible.
The solution explains the basic operations of rational expessions, such as division, multiplication, addition, and subtratcion.