I'm having a difficult time figuring out some of these! For some reason the -1 in this problem is throwing me off - I think! Here's what I came up with last time, I keep getting a different answer each time I work it.
3/(y+5) -1 = (4-y)/(2y+10)
3/(y+5)-1 = (4-y)/2(y+5)
y is not equal to -5
LCD is 2(y+5)
Please help with the following rationalexpressions and to simplify.
Find each function value
2) f(y) = y - 2 / -5 + y; f(-5), f(0), f(10)
6) g(x) 4 -3x / 2
10) f(x) = -4x/-2 + x
14) h(x) = 5 -3x / 2x^2 - 14x + 20
18) Explain how to simplify a rational expression or to write in it lowest terms?
Simplify each rat
The description below tells of the properties of rational numbers is very good and comprehensive. However, please describe how it relates to RATIONALEXPRESSIONS?
A rational number is a number that can be expressed as a fraction, ratio of two integers or decimal number. Rational numbers can be ordered in a number line.
(1) Explain how multiplying and dividing rationalexpressions is similar to multiplication and division of fractions. Give an example of each and compare the process.
(2) When simplifying the rational expression (x+8)/(x+2), explain why it is improper to cancel out the x's. State a general rule for canceling factors in a rati
A. Choose an example of a rational expression, and present a step by step solution.
B. Under what situation would one or more solutions of a rational equation be unacceptable?
C. Define a polynomial and a rational expression. What makes a rational expression unique? Provide two original examples of a rational expression an
1 For the rational expression S = ( an+1 - 1 ) / ( a - 1), the value of S for a = 2 and n = 5 is:
E) None of the above.
2 For the rational expression in question 1 above, the value of S for a = 1 and n = 2 is:
D) undefined, since the denominator of S is zero fo