Not what you're looking for?
1. Given f(x)=16-x squared,and g(x)=4-x, find f/g (x).
2. Find the maximum or minimum value of the quadratic function
f(x)-x squared+10x-19. State whether this value is a maximum or minimum.
3. Evaluate the function at at specified value of the independent variable and simplify. F(x)=/x/-2; f(4)
4. Given f(x)=2/x-6 and g(x)=9/x-3,find (f-g)(x)
5. Evaluate the function at a specified value of the independent variable and simplify. F(x)=3x squared-squared root 2x; f(3)
6. Graph an even function.
7. A store owner wants to know the demand for family special as a function of price. Daily sales for four prices are listed.
Price,x $9.50 $10.25 $10.75 $11.75
Demand,y 33 26 27 28
Use a least squares regression line to estimate the demand for family special at $12.75
Purchase this Solution
Quadratic Functions, Maxima, Minima, Even Function and Least Squares Regression are investigated.
Please see the attached file for the complete solution.
Thanks for using BrainMass.
1. GIVEN f(X)=16-X SQUARED,AND G(X)=4-X, FIND F/G (x).
2. FIND THE MAXIMUM OR MINIMUM VALUE OF THE QUADRATIC FUNCTION
F(X)-X SQUARED+10X-19. STATE WHETHER THIS VALUE IS A MAX.. OR MINI..
achieves maximum 6 at x=5. Why? Since
3. EVALUATETHE FUNCTIONAT AT SPECIFIED VALUE OF THE INDEPENDENT VARIABLE AND SIMPLIFY. F(X)=/X/-2; F(4)
4. GIVEN F(X)=2/X-6 AND ...
- BSc , Wuhan Univ. China
- MA, Shandong Univ.
- "Your solution, looks excellent. I recognize things from previous chapters. I have seen the standard deviation formula you used to get 5.154. I do understand the Central Limit Theorem needs the sample size (n) to be greater than 30, we have 100. I do understand the sample mean(s) of the population will follow a normal distribution, and that CLT states the sample mean of population is the population (mean), we have 143.74. But when and WHY do we use the standard deviation formula where you got 5.154. WHEN & Why use standard deviation of the sample mean. I don't understand, why don't we simply use the "100" I understand that standard deviation is the square root of variance. I do understand that the variance is the square of the differences of each sample data value minus the mean. But somehow, why not use 100, why use standard deviation of sample mean? Please help explain."
- "excellent work"
- "Thank you so much for all of your help!!! I will be posting another assignment. Please let me know (once posted), if the credits I'm offering is enough or you ! Thanks again!"
- "Thank you"
- "Thank you very much for your valuable time and assistance!"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
In this quiz, you will have a chance to practice basic terminology of exponential expressions and how to evaluate them.
Understanding of how geometry applies to in real-world contexts
Each question is a choice-summary multiple choice question that will present you with a linear equation and then make 4 statements about that equation. You must determine which of the 4 statements are true (if any) in regards to the equation.
Some questions on probability
This quiz helps you easily identify a function and test your understanding of ranges, domains , function inverses and transformations.