1. Given f(x)=16-x squared,and g(x)=4-x, find f/g (x).
2. Find the maximum or minimum value of the quadratic function
f(x)-x squared+10x-19. State whether this value is a maximum or minimum.
4. Given f(x)=2/x-6 and g(x)=9/x-3,find (f-g)(x)
5. Evaluate the function at a specified value of the independent variable and simplify. F(x)=3x squared-squared root 2x; f(3)
6. Graph an even function.
7. A store owner wants to know the demand for family special as a function of price. Daily sales for four prices are listed.
Price,x $9.50 $10.25 $10.75 $11.75
Demand,y 33 26 27 28
Use a least squares regression line to estimate the demand for family special at $12.75
Quadratic Functions, Maxima, Minima, Even Function and Least Squares Regression are investigated.