5. The polynomial 0.041h - 0.018a - 2.69 can be used to estimate the lung capacity, in liters, of a female with height h, in centimeters, and age a, in years. Find the lung capacity of a 40 year old woman who is 170 centimeters tall.
17. The number N, in millions, of hearing impaired individuals of age x can be approximated by N = - 0.00006x + 0.006x - 0.1x + 1.4 Approximate to the nearest million the number of hearing impaired individuals ages 30 and 40.
21. The mass of Jupiter is about 1.9 x 10 metric tons. The mass of the sun is about 1.998 x 10 metric tons. About how many times the mass of Jupiter is the mass of the sun? Give the answer in scientific notation.
29. The base of a triangle is 8 cm greater than the height. The area is 64 cm . Find the height and the length of the base.
30. Complete the rectangle to illustrate this product
31. For the polynomial
32. Multiply =
33. Subtract =
34. Divide and simplify =
35. Divide and check =
36. Multiply =
This provides examples of working with polynomials, including dividing, subtracting, multiplying, simplifying fractions, and solving word problems, as well as a few examples of scientific notation.