See attached equations.
2. solve the equation: 5/(y+4) - 8/(y-4) = 2/(y^2 - 16)
3. 7[7x - 7 + 4(x +1)] = -7x - 7
4. A rational expression is the ratio of two:
5. Determine whether the equation is an identity, a conditional equation, or an inconsistent equation.
6. Find all values of x satisfying the given condition
7. First write the values that make the denominator zero, then solve the equation.
8. How can we best describe these terms: -x^2 + 2x - 1
9. How many terms are there in the following expression:
10. If possible, factor f(x) = x^2 - 6x -91
11. If possible, factor f(x) = x^2 + 49
12. If possible, reduce R(x) = (x^2 -1)/(x +1)^2
13. Is this function a polynomial f(x) = x^(4/2) + 6^(sqrt(2))
14. The equation V = -2000t + 20000 describes the value in dollars of a certain model of a car after it is t years old. If a car is worth $12,000, substitute 12000 into the equation to find the age of the car.
15. Use the five-step strategy for solving word problems to find the number described in the following exercise:
16. What kind of function is this: f(x) = 3x^3 - 5x^2 + 12
17. What, if anything, is wrong with this equation?
18. When solving this expression, what is the last operation according to PEMDAS that will be followed?
19. When the number 0 was invented, what new number set came into being?
20. Which of the following operations always come before the others?
It gives detailed solutions to a various algebra problems dealing with polynomials and equations.