1. Given f(x) = 4x^2 - 3 and g(x) = 5 - 1/2x^2. Find the following expressions. Simplify your answer for all solutions.
(a) (f o g)(4)
(b) (g o f)(2)
(c) (f o f)(1)
(d) (g o g)(0)
2. For the given equation, list the intercepts and test for symmetry. x^2 + y - 16 = 0
A. What are the intercept(s)? Write as an ordered pair or there are no intercepts.
B. Is the graph of the equation symmetric with respect to the x-axis?
Is the graph of the equation symmetric with respect to the y-axis?
Is the graph of the equation symmetric with respect to the origin?
F(x) = 4x^2 - 3
g(x) = 5 - x^2/2
Fog(4) = F(g(4)) = F(5 - 4^2/2) = F(5 - 8) = F(-3) = 4*(-3)^2 - 3 = 33
In this solution, composite function values and characteristics of a graph for a given function are estimated.
5 Simple Algebra and Function Questions
See the attached file.
1. Determine whether the graph of y = 3 + x2 is symmetric with respect to
the x-axis, the y-axis, or the origin.
2. A salesperson earns a base salary of $2,000 per month and a commission
of 5% on the amount of sales made. If the salesperson has a paycheck of
$3,006 for one month, what was the amount of sales for the month?
2,000 + .05(x) = 3006
2000 + .05(x) -2000 = 3006 - 2000
.05x = 1006
.05x / .05 = 1006 / .05
X = 20,120
The salesperson had $20,120 in sales for the month.
(2000+.05(20,120) = 3,006
3. For x values in what interval (s) is the function increasing?
4. a. Given f (x) = 4/x2 and g(x) = 3 - 2x, find the composite function
(f o g)(x) and simplify.
b. Write the equation for a function that has a graph with the
The shape of y = |x| but stretched vertically by a factor of 2 and shifted right 3 units.
5. a. Solve for n: 2(n - 1) = 3(n + 5)
b. Find the zero of the function f(x) = 8 - 2x
Solution: ?View Full Posting Details