Please see attachment for full descriptoin.
1) Solve the following by factoring: a) x^2 + 7x + 10 = 0; b) 3x^2 - 6x = 0
2) if f(x) = 2x^2 -7x + 3, find a) f(2); b) f(-3)
3) solve 2x^2 - 3x - 2 = 0 using the quadratic formula.
4) Use the graph of y = -x^2 + 4x + 5 to answer the following:
a) Using the graph, what are the solution(s) to the equation -x^2 + 4x + 5 = 0?
b) Does this function have a maximum or a minimum?
c) What are the coordinates of the vertex in (x, y) form?
d) What is the equation of the line of symmetry for this graph?
5) a) Calculate the value of the discriminant of x^2 + x + 3 = 0
b) By examining the sign of the discriminant in part a, how many x-intercepts would the graph of y=x^2 + x + 3 have? Why?
6) a) Find the corresponding y values for x = -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 if y =x^2 - x - 2.
b) Use Microsoft Excel to plot the points found in part a and to sketch the graph.
7) The path of a falling object is given by the function s = -16t^2 + v0t +s0, where v0 represents the initial velocity in ft/sec and s0 represents the initial height. The variable t is time in seconds, and s is the height of the object in feet.
a) If a rock is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 64 feet per second from the top of a 25-foot building, write the height (s) equation using this information.
b) How high is the rock after 1 seconds?
c) After how many seconds will the rock reach maximum height?
d) What is the maximum height?
Please see the attached file for detailed soluton and graph.
a) The ...
The solution is comprised of detailed explanations of various quadratic equation related problems in MTH 133, Unit 2 - Individual Project - B.