Please use the link below for reference to Chapter 3 (pages 37-59) in the textbook. Be sure to read the cases and the discussions of the cases, as well as the chapter review for your reference.
On pages 58-59 there are 5 Hypothetical Situations, pick two (2) of the Hypothetical situations and, based upon what you have read - and perhaps based upon your own experience:
1) Analyze the facts,
2) Apply the law and the decisions,
3) And come up with a well-reasoned answer.
To this for each of the two Hypothetical Situations chosen. Remember to include the number chosen, answer in plain language, and include references cited.
http://books.google.com/books?id=kWKglXnGpC4C&pg=PA316&dq=Employment+and+Labor+Law,+Cihon+8th+Edition&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TV-zUeAB0sbgA6HIgPgF&ved=0CDsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Employment%20and%20Labor%20Law%2C%20Cihon%208th%20Edition&f=false© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 11:33 am ad1c9bdddf
The summary of these hypothetical cases must be conducted by YOU as you have the book and are the student. I will provide a summary of the following case Henry v. City of Detroit wherein I will give you insight and guidance on how to appropriately analyze a workplace tort case.
1) The analysis of the case HENRY v. CITY OF DETROIT involves a tort case that is predicated upon the Whistleblower Protection Act that protects employees from malicious acts by employers for disclosing illegal, unethical, or other behavior that is detrimental to the public's interest by a company. In this case the plaintiff was a high ranking police officer with the Detroit police department who was tasked with chairing a board of review in an infamous case of suspected police brutality that resulted in the death of a suspect. Because of the high profile scenario and the fact that this incident happened shortly after the LA Riots following the videotaped beating of Rodney King, the DPD formed a department board of review headed by the plaintiff.
The board of review was deliberately prevented from conducted its functions and job by higher-ups within the department including the chief of police Isaiah McKinnon and therefore, the board was unable to perform its obligations. This resulted in some officers being implicated in the incident as potential criminals who weren't involved in any wrongdoing, and they were also subsequently ...
The commonly committed workplace torts are examined. Hypothetical situations are analyzed.
Torts Occurring in the Workplace
1. What torts have occurred or may occur in your workplace?
3. Why is it important to protect intellectual properties? What are the characteristics of a trademark?
4. How can a contract be formed over the Internet? Explain.View Full Posting Details