What is the Council of Europe? Describe the nature and fuctions of the Council of Europe.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:48 pm ad1c9bdddf
The Council of Europe is a regional organisation formed after the 2nd World War aiming to unify the continent under the banner of human rights and fundamental freedoms. Any European ...
The Council of Europe is featured.
1. What are some reasons businesspeople and business students should be aware of important international organizations?
2. Even though the UN is best known for peacekeeping missions, it has many agencies involved in activities affecting businesses. Do these activities justify support for the UN? Would it be better if the activities of these agencies were done by private entities such as trade groups?
3. How did the WTO come into existence? What purpose does it serve? Would bilateral trading agreements work better than the multilateral WTO approach?
4. What are the four main institutions of the EU and what is the purpose of each?
5. How does the EU affect business? Should the EU have more power over business regulation than do the national governments?
6. The U.S. Congress approved the North American Free Trade Agreement despite strong opposition from organized labor. What motivated labor's stand? Have labor's forecasts turned out to be correct?
7. What is the importance of the OECD for business and students?
8. There are only three nations in the world that are not members of some sort of economic integration agreement. Why might this be the case?
9. Mercosur's major trading partner is the EU rather than the United States. Why might this be the case?
10. How might the small businessperson in Des Moines, Iowa, exporting agricultural products find the international institutions and agreements that this chapter describes useful?View Full Posting Details