During the intake and classification at an institution, a classification officer recommends the offender, who is a pregnant offender for a bank robbery, for the ABC program. The ABC program allows infants to stay with their mother for a period of time during incarceration.
Locate one infant-mother program.
1) What are the criteria for acceptance into this program?
2) Do you agree with the criteria?
3) What are the advantages and disadvantages of the program?
4) Do you agree or disagree with the use of this type of program?
The South Dakota Mother's Infant(s) Program
1) For acceptance into the program inmates must be classified as "High Medium" or lower and must have completed parenting classes. In addition, they must apply for the program and have their application approved. A maximum of two children is allowed in the program (SD Gov., 2012).
2) Yes, because it ...
This solution analyzes the Pregnant Inmates Infant-Mother-Program in several states.