Not what you're looking for?
1. What is the Order-Liberty Tension? There have been various attempts to resolve this tension. Describe one: the U.S. Constitution of 1789.
2. It can be argued that the apparently clear promise of the 14th Amendment that the Federal government was to be the guarantor of individual rights in the states has never been fully realized. Why? Discuss fully.
3. Explain how the Preamble to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Emancipation Proclamation and the Gettysburg Address were instrumental to the formulation, passage and ratification of the 14th Amendment
Purchase this Solution
The expert defines order-liberty tensions. The various attempts to resolve the tensions are given. How the preamble to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Emancipation Proclamation and the Gettysburg Address are determined.
The Order-Liberty Tension is the attempt of the government to provide law and order while also respecting the liberties and freedom of the citizenry. This has been an ongoing struggle throughout the history of the United States, but the constitution has provided a blueprint on how to achieve this order. The constitution has been provisions in place that enable the protection of citizens while also upholding the tenets of the law. Amendments that respect the due process of citizens, prevent the use of troops against citizens, and allow for citizens to exercise their freedom of speech, are all various protections that protect the liberties of citizens. Any society is governed by a social contract; this contract is the recognition that to live in society, the citizens must abide by the laws of that society. The United States constitution is unique because it was the first country to explicitly provide protection of liberty and freedom of its citizens while also outlining the laws that were ...
- Associates of Arts , Lone Star Community College
- Bachelor of Science , Sam Houston State University
- Masters of Science, Kaplan University
- Masters of Science , Kaplan University
- "Thank you however I have two questions: 1.) where in this passage is the actual problem statement? 2.) if you used references can you please provide them? This is great work and I am so grateful. "
- "Thank you very much"
- "excellent analysis"
- "graet job very helpful"
- "Thank you, excellent and very detailed."
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
How much do you know about Constitutional Law Rights? Find out with this quiz!
Do you know your evidence objections? Find out with this quiz!
Learn the basics of the laws under Title VII.
This Quiz pertains to the spectrum of Human Rights through Title VII
Test your knowledge of the basics of criminal law and defenses with this quiz.