1. Provide a brief summary of Michael Porter's five forces model.
2. Discuss the value of using this model in the strategic planning process.
3. What would a five force analysis on one's chosen physician group practice look like?
4. What would the findings from one's analysis look like?
5. Identify and describe the strategic planning implications.
Porter's five forces model, is essentially a model by which organizational leadership can conduct an analysis of their particular industry, as well as to determine the level of competition within a given market or industry, which will provide them with the pertinent information from which to develop a highly effective business operations strategy. This five forces model is composed of the threat of new competitive products entering a given market, the threats stemming from competitive organizations, the threats caused by products that can be used in place of ...