Imagine that you were to perform a five-forces analysis of a local medium-sized physician group practice.
1. Provide a brief summary of Michael Porter's five forces model.
2. Discuss the value of using this model in the strategic planning process.
3. What would a five force analysis on one's chosen physician group practice look like?
4. What would the findings from one's analysis look like?
5. Identify and describe the strategic planning implications.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 22, 2018, 12:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
Porter's five forces model, is essentially a model by which organizational leadership can conduct an analysis of their particular industry, as well as to determine the level of competition within a given market or industry, which will provide them with the pertinent information from which to develop a highly effective business operations strategy. This five forces model is composed of the threat of new competitive products entering a given market, the threats stemming from competitive organizations, the threats caused by products that can be used in place of ...