What may be the diagnosis?
What is her substance P level?
What are the other signs and symptoms?
What are the treatments?
Mrs. Oliver has pain and stiffness in the muscles and tendons of her shoulders, legs, and neck. She had osteoarthritis too. Her discomfort increases during stress. She is depressed.
What may be the diagnosis?
For this specific case, it sounds as if Mrs. Oliver is suffering from fibromyalgia, a medical condition that results in widespread pain throughout the body. The name of the disease is derived from Greek and Latin origins which describe her symptoms perfectly: fibro (fibrous tissues, such as connective tissue like tendons), myo (muscles), algia (pain).
Fibromyalgia is often present in individuals who also suffer from stress-related conditions and depression. In terms of Mrs. Oliver's depression, it may be a contributing factor for her pain and stiffness, or the depression may be a result of her pain and stiffness. For example, it seems logical that her stress and pain would cause her to have un-restful sleep which could ...
This 500 word response provides explanations for four questions specific to a case study regarding muscular discomfort. A diagnosis for Mrs. Oliver is provided, as well as discussion related to substance P, signs and symptoms, and possible treatments.
dementia patients dental care
I need to have a 5 page paper talking about Dementia. It should talk about the disease the effect on the brain and nervous system, patient's function,.....
There are 7 questions need to be covered within 5 pages. (Ideally all 7 questions)
references are needed to be addressed at the end of the paper.
The questions are:
1. What are the major symptoms, prognosis and dental implications of this patient's primary conditions?
2. What are the major actions, side effects, and dental implications of the medications this patient is taking?
3. What other information would you want to obtain about this patient prior to treatment? Why would the information you want to gather be useful?
4. How would this patient's ability to have dental treatment be different if her conditions were more or less severe? What if she was younger or older?
5. What alternative treatment plans are possible for this patient?
6. What general approach do you recommend for providing treatment and maintaining good oral health for this patient? Include information about how you would modify a normal treatment plan to best treat this patient, what setting would be best for treatment, would any medications be advised in addition to her normal medications, any other considerations for providing optimum prevention and treatment services.
7. Can this patient realistically maintain the restorative treatment planned? What steps could you take to ensure the best possible chance that the patient can maintain the treatment they receive given their specific risk/problems?