After reviewing the chapters on the various types of patterns of development, this job chooses a pattern to plan, organize, and brainstorm ideas for an essay. It offers ideas related to the topic of Youth Violence (Criminal justice).
After reviewing the chapters listed below on the various types of patterns of development, choose a pattern to plan, organize, and write an essay. After you select your pattern of development, please read and follow the appropriate guidelines in the specific chapter that addresses your choice. In writing your essay, base your writing on your own experiences and general knowledge about the topic; do not research this essay or include any citations.
To Prepare Your Essay:
• Choose a pattern of development explained in your Successful College Writing textbook from the list below:
Illustration (ch. 10), Process Analysis (ch. 11), Comparison and Contrast (ch. 12), Classification and Division (ch. 13), Definition (ch. 14), Cause and Effect (ch. 15), or Argument (ch. 17).
• Choose a topic that will give you the flexibility to explore issues that are meaningful to you. Please choose wisely—you will be working with this topic throughout the term.
1. Health Care Reform (Politics, Business)
2. Gender Issues and Corporate Culture (Business, Civil Rights)
3. Advertising and Teens (Business, Youth)
4. The Mortgage Crisis (US Economy)
5. Social Networking (Computers)
6. Youth Violence (Criminal justice)
• Remember to use the writing process listed in the coordinating chapters to draft and finalize your essay.
As you choose a pattern to plan, organize, and write your essay, I recommend the cause/effect pattern of development as a model. As you brainstorm ideas and base your writing on your own experiences and general knowledge about the topic of youth violence, you can use some of my ideas to help.
First of all, you might talk about how youth violence often seems to be the direct or linking ...
Ideas are given to lead students toward prewriting about the topic of youth violence in a cause/effect manner.