1) What exactly is the 'banking concept of education' as far as what he is trying to explain?
2) What is the student-teacher relationship in the banking style of education?
3) What are the effects on students of the banking style of education?
4) What are some of the attitudes and practices of the banking style of education which mirror oppressive society as a whole?
5) How is the banking style of education a form of oppression?
6) What does the author think would be a remedy to the banking style?
1) I see the banking concept of education as one that is oppressive to students because all power and authority fall to the teachers' sides. It makes us strive to create a new system where the balance of power and equity learn toward the students, rather than teachers as the source for all wisdom, activity, discussion, learning, etc.
I infer that he is trying to explain and attack how traditional educational paradigms fail to empower students because they ...
The Banking Concept of Education by Paolo Freire is summarized.