A piston arrangement has been developed to compress air adiabatically from 360C and 100kPa to 2 MPa with 120 kj/kg of work. Is this process reversible, irreversible, or impossible? Discuss.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:31 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution explains whether a given process is reversible, irreversible or impossible,
Read (pages 22 -45) and answer the questions with full answers: Gardner Denver 10-K Report 2008.
1. Did the weighted average interest rate increase or decrease between 2008 and 2007?
2. Between 2008 and 2007, did income taxes as a percentage increase or decrease? Why might this be important?
3. What major economic variable or statistic is closely tied to the demand for compressor packages?
4. What major economic variable or statistic is closely tied to the demand for petroleum related fluid transfer products?
5. What is the company doing to reduce costs?
6. Comparing 2008 to 2007, did sales decrease in both product segments?
7. Comparing 2008 to 2007, what accounted for the decrease in gross profit?
8. Comparing 2008 to 2007, what accounted for the increase in selling and administrative expense?
9. Why did other operating expense go from $1.4 million in 2007 to $31.5 million in 2008? Is this a recurring item?
10. What was the bright spot in the fluid transfer product division in 2008?View Full Posting Details