You fill a 5 gallon pail with backyard soil. Assuming a bulk density of 1.3 g/cm^3, what is the total soil weight?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
1.3 g/cm^3 = 1.3 g/ml
1 gal = 3.7854 liters
All we do now is set up a ...
The solution determines the total soil weight.
Soil Science and Sustainable Agriculture
Please help discuss ideas on the following questions:
• What is the difference between government-owned and public lands. Which government agencies are involved with government-owned lands? What is the purpose of government-owned lands?
• Why is the forest an important ecosystem?
• What is the definition of forest management? What is its purpose? Describe the concept of sustainable forestry.
• What effect does the harvesting of trees and deforestation have on forests and the environment? Is there a preferred method for harvesting trees?
• What is a rangeland? Describe rangeland degradation and desertification. What effect does degradation and desertification have on the environment?
• What is overgrazing? What effect does this have on rangelands?
• What strategies can be employed for managing and conserving forests and rangelands?
• What is the difference between industrialized and subsistence agriculture? What effect do these methods have on the environment?
• What is one agricultural challenge, other than soil erosion, that society faces?
• Describe sustainable agriculture? How does it affect the environment? What are the advantages and disadvantages involved with genetic engineering?