1. Determine the bandwidth required to support the multiplexer output for 10 4-kHz analog voice signals.
2. Determine the bandwidth required to support the multiplexer output for 10 analog voice signals digitized using standard PCM and a TDM multiplexer with an overhead of 10%. Assume a bandwidth efficiency of 2-bps/Hz.
3. One of the 193 bits in the DS-1/T-1 transmission format is used for frame synchronization. Explain its use.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 25, 2018, 3:47 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/engineering/electrical-engineering/multiplexer-synchronization-questions-232755
1. Since nothing is mentioned about guard bands, we assume no-guard-bands in this question.
For 10 channels, the required bandwidth is atleast 10 × 4 = 40 kHz.
2. In standard PCM, we generate 2*bandwidth samples/second and each sample is digitized using 8 bits. Standard analog voice signal is 4 kHz.
Total digitized data rate resulting from 10 analog voice signals = 10 * (2*4k) ...
As nothing is mentioned about guard bands in question 1, this solution assumes no-guard-bands in that question. In question 2, standard analog voice signal is taken as 4 kHz.