A robot tennis player is shown in the figure above. The goal of the control system is to attain the best step response while attaining a high Kv.
1. Why is it desirable to attain a good step response and a high Kv?
2. Select Kv1=0.325 and Kv2=0.45. Note K does not equal Kv. Determine the phase margin, gain margin, and closed-loop bandwidth for each case. Determine these both graphically, from the appropriate bode plots, and using the Matlab functions margin and bandwidth.
4. Estimate the overshoot and settling time for the step response in each case to obtain the damping ratio and natural frequency.
5. Using the step function or ltiview, obtain the percent overshoot and settling time and compare them to your results in 4.
6. Which do you consider the better design and why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:23 am ad1c9bdddf
The control systems for a frequency domain is determined. Why it is desirable to attain a good step response and a high Kv is determined.
Design a series controller
The process of a unity-feedback control system has the transfer function
Gp(s) = ------------------------
s^2 + 10 s + 100
Design a series controller (a PD, PI or PID) so that the following performance specifications are satisfied.
Steady-state error due to a step input = 0
Maximum overshoot < 2 percent
Rise time < 0.02 second
Carry out the design in the frequency domain and check the design in the time domain.View Full Posting Details