In communicating the use of Science,Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in an early childhood environment what learning theory or theories can be used to describe or demonstrate the use of STEM in the classroom?. What are the pros and cons of stem for children in this learning environment?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:43 am ad1c9bdddf
Welcome kindly to BM! Please rate 5/5 for my 1500 words of ideas and references. I appreciate your business and am honored to assist you!
In the first place, I used to formerly work in a STEM charter school, so I can offer my ideas, too, in addition to the scholarly references.
Thus, as you briefly comment on why you should communicate and support the use of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics into an early childhood environment, I strongly feel that active learning theories are highly applicable. Constructivism is a key one since STEM curricula strongly embody a highly student-centered, inquiry-based, and problem-solving approach theoretically. Experiential learning theories are also greatly intertwined here. Social learning theories are also embedded as learners interact with each other cooperatively and collaboratively in shared lessons that promote discovery, exploration, as well as creative and critical thinking skills. By integrating technology, STEM further aims to foster a sense of "meta-discipline."
As you then brainstorm some of the pros of STEM for children in this early learning environment, I vehemently feel that it's beneficial and much like teaching a foreign language: it is much better and much more effective overall to introduce it as early as possible to young learners to ensure that content is mastered and scaffolded appropriately.
Thus, I also brainstormed a general list of pros/cons from my own basic experiences as a teacher with it as well as from parents' comments and students' cases:
• Makes students much more globally competitive and on par with other nations' students, so there is not a gap later in life
• Imparts real world skills to young students and makes them more career ready and career oriented from the get go
• Promotes greater student enjoyment and motivation overall through real world relevant lessons and sensory ones
• Enhances the nature of interdisciplinary learning among all content areas
• Encourages much more project based learning which can strongly showcase students' creativity and innovations, something that we are often losing in school with budget cuts in the arts, drama, music, etc.
• Enables students to become more autonomous learners and accountable for their own work
• Can augment America as a nation economically in the long term
• Prepares students early for the real world
• Offers many more opportunities to make the school/home partnership connections; gets community members more actively involved and present in schools
In addition, since the target audience or stakeholders are the teachers and other administrators, you can then offer a quote about the lack of global competitiveness to ...
1500 words of notes and references justify the use of STEM (Science ,Technology , Engineering and Mathematics) in an early childhood environment.
CSR at Boeing Ethics
Read the following article, which provides examples of socially responsible companies (this website includes a number of quite excellent articles pertaining to the merits of CSR). You may also want to explore the optional readings provided below, as they may be useful to your understanding of CSR:
Fallon, N. (2014, December 4). 20 great examples of socially responsible businesses. Business News Daily. Retrieved from http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5499-examples-socially-responsible-businesses.html
1. In 1-2 paragraphs, describe your organization (Boeing) what it does, how many employees, how much revenue, etc.
2. Select some aspect of CSR, and discuss how your organization employs CSR in its operations.
3. What are the specific advantages to your company in its use of CSR?
4. If your company does not presently pursue a form of CSR, please identify a specific CSR practice (e.g., environmental consciousness, community welfare, etc.) from which your company would benefit.
5. Be sure to use at least two other sources from the library to support your discussion and analysis.
6. Please cite references
The following resources provide a very good overview of CSR, and how companies use CSR initiatives to increase the organization's effectiveness: (not to be used as references)
2014 corporate social responsibility report (2014). Hershey Company. Retrieved from http://www.thehersheycompany.com/social-responsibility/shared-goodness/goodbusiness
Corporate social responsibility. (2013). International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved from https://www.iisd.org/business/issues/sr.aspxView Full Posting Details