Create an easy-to-understand document-for parents of special education students, detailing what they need to know about special education process. See SPED Law for Parents guidelines for further details.
Design & Audience
• The brochure should be no longer than two pages - front & back
• The brochure should target parents of children in special education - remember that most parents DO NOT have a background in special education law
• The brochure should use simple words and sentences. If you use technical terms make sure that you provide an explanation of the term.
• Use graphics to enhance understanding of the text
• If you work at a school, the brochure should be specific to the needs of your campus or district
• If you work with special education children in a setting (e.g., rehabilitation center, advocacy, etc.) other than a public school; the brochure should target that setting
• If you do not work with special education children then pretend that you are a special education teacher in a public school
Content of Brochure
• Child Find
• SPED time line for Texas
• Rights of parent(s) and child including:
o Due process
o Right to independent evaluation
o Full participation in ARD process
This solution creates a document for parents of special education students, detailing what they need to know about special education process.
Create a Brochure for a Data Repository
Create a brochure advertising your services as a data repository.
Research commercial data repositories. Be sure to understand this business model, including the services, benefits, and marketing of services.
Use a publisher program to create a one-page, two-fold brochure. If you are using a word processing program, you may create a one-page, two column document to create your brochure. Address the following in your brochure:
• Advertising your services as a commercial data repository to existing businesses.
• Include your services, customer benefits, and reasons to do business with you.
• Provide at least three reasons why the customer should be collecting data.
• Include at least one graphic or picture of your choosing.