Describe the similarities and differences between topical and overarching questions. I must also describe how to use each type differentiate between between intent and scope in the formation and describe the use of essential questions. I must then create an example of one topical question and one overarching question that I could use in a unit of instruction.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:11 am ad1c9bdddf
The differences between topical and overarching questions lay within the scope of the question. The intent of topical questions are specific in regards to scope whenever a scope of the question is in relation to a specific area of study or to a current assignment, the topical question will be used because it is not a simple yes or no answer. These questions require more complex cognitive thinking wherein the person who answers the question ...
The expert describes the similarities and differences between topical and overarching questions. The types which differentiate between intent and scope in the formation is determined in the solution.
1) Which state has the nation's largest American Indian population?
2) By the 1970s, which American ethnic group had the highest level of education and lowest crime rate?
3) When did the largest migration of African Americans to California begin?
4) What was the Rumford Act of 1963?
5) What has been the largest ethnic minority in Californi in recent decades?
6) What was the significance of the "Sleepy Lagoon" case of 1942?
7) How successful were Latinos in achieving political power before the 1980s?
8) During which gubernatorial administration were women first appointed to top positions in state government?
9) On what level of government have women been most successful in achieving elected offices?View Full Posting Details