This paper should be a combination of philosophies, theories, and concepts learned in this course, and demonstrate how they apply to the early childhood classroom. The primary focus will be on the comprehensiveness of the many components that are necessary to consider when designing curriculum for a preschool or young child's classroom.
For the Final Paper
1. Select an age group (Pre-K, kindergarten, first grade, etc.).
2. Identify and discuss the three theories and/or philosophies that reflect how you envision your classroom and curriculum.
3. Provide a summary of the concepts you will teach in each academic area (math, reading, science, and the fine arts).
4. Describe two specific activities for each academic area that will demonstrate how you will teach these concepts in a way that is representative of both the theories/philosophies you discussed and NAEYC or state standards.
Your paper must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
1. A title page 2. Identification of the age group you have chosen 3. A description of the philosophies/theories you have chosen for the final paper 4. A reference page 1. Select an age group (Pre-K, kindergarten, first grade, etc.). 2. Identify and discuss the three theories and/or philosophies that reflect how you envision your classroom and curriculum.
The age group that will be chosen is children in kindergarten. These children are in their formative years of learning and are beginning to develop their cognitive and social skills that will follow them for the rest of their lives. Therefore, this is the most important learning period in their entire lives, which is why I will use proven and tested theories to shape my classroom and curriculum. The main theories that will be used are behaviorist ...
Classroom environment and curriculum
Orderly-Flexible Learning Environments
Dysfunctional learning environments
You can find a video that shows the environment and post the link, create a case study scenario that describes the environment, or you can relate an actual classroom from your own academic experience that employed the environment. Next, describe the skills the teacher will need to learn to change to an orderly-flexible learning environment. Lastly, reflect on the skills you will need to develop in order to maintain an orderly-flexible learning environment.View Full Posting Details