In your role as the new human resources (HR) manager, you plan to prepare a series of videos with various scenarios. These scenarios will allow the employees to view real-life sexual harassment issues that they may have to deal with.
You are asking one of your male managers and one of your female managers to help create the video. In the scenario, the male manager frequently acts as a male chauvinist and seems oblivious to the existence of gender discrimination, while the female has actually experienced it.
You want the video to specifically address the following 3 issues, to sensitize your managers to gender discrimination:
* Find an example of a current event in the news that describes a real sexual harassment issue. Use proper APA citations.
* How was the issue addressed?
* If the responsible manager and employees involved had been more aware of the Civil Rights Act or the gender sensitivity issues involved, how could he or she have handled it differently?
Answer the 3 questions and describe how the two different managers may view the current event used in the training video differently.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:44 am ad1c9bdddf
Thank you for using BM.
Below are my answers.
Mattioli (2010) wrote that "[since] the start of the recession, a growing number of sexual harassment complaints have come from men." One of the reported sexual harassment by male employees against other male employees is by Cintas Corp. The case alleges that a male employee "at a Pennsylvania location sexually groped and made unwanted sexual advances" ...
This solution discusses sexual harassment complaints.
Sexual harassment policy statement
Create the following for an organization.
1. A sexual harassment policy statement. Remember to defend your policy with valid reasoning and effective documentation. The policy statement should be realistic and thorough (it should resemble something an actual company would use to convey its sexual harassment policy to employees).
2. Outline the steps that will be taken if a manager or member of the human resources department receives a sexual harassment complaint from an employee.View Full Posting Details