What are some facts about Malaysia's culture, customs and art?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:35 am ad1c9bdddf
In this particular problem, you are asking for guidance and insight on the culture, customs and art of Malaysia.
1. On Malaysia -provide an introduction about the country - 100 words
2. Ethnic groups, government, history - 100 words
3. Culture, Art & key customs - 100 words
Malaysia is a country in South East Asia, partly on the Indochina peninsula and partly on the island of Borneo. The country is tropical and shares a border with Thailand, Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia. It is a country that is modern and one of the key developing economies in the region. At the same time however, it has a unique identity and government due to its culture and history. As a high-tech hub, it produces technological products exported around the world. Its forests and farmlands produce rubber, palm oil, rice and timber. It is also an exporter of oil & metal and is a key oil refining location in the region. It is seen as one of the more stable economies in Asia with GDP of $453 billion, the 30th in the world; a key symbol is the Petronas Towers, one of the highest skyscrapers in the world located in its cosmopolitan capital Kuala Lumpur.
Ethnicity, Government, History:
There are around 28 million Malaysians out of latest census. It is a federal constitutional elective monarchy with a parliamentary democracy. This means that the king is elected from a pool of 'datus' or chieftains. But following the British colonial rule, the 'Yang ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise on Malaysian culture, customs and art. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Cultural barriers to international business expansion
Sealwrap, a producer of plastics in the United States, is about to expand its business. As part of this expansion, they will begin to sell their products in Europe and Asia. In addition, they plan to open a plant in Asia. Jerry, the President and CEO, is concerned. He has heard many stories of companies that have tried to expand globally but operations either failed miserably or did not live up to expectations due to the cultural differences between workers and customers in each country. Jerry wants Sealwrap to be prepared for this so any potential problems can be addressed prior to expansion.
Jerry has asked you to research problems other companies have had with this issue and develop ways in which the errors those companies made can be avoided by Sealwrap.
Select a multi-national corporation or international non-profit agency that has encountered these problems (this can be a previous or current employer of yours). Using the Internet and the Cybrary, research that organization to discover any cultural barriers that organization encountered and what its managers did to try to overcome those barriers.
- Generate and evaluate reasons why people may not appreciate the cultural point of view of others. Use at least 10 references as well as 3 sociologists' views.
- Discuss how appreciating cultural diversity affects peoples' ability to communicate effectively in the context of a multi-national corporation or an international non-profit agency. Feel free to add your own experiences as well as quoting others.
- Create a report for Jerry which summarizes your discussion and provides suggestions on steps Sealwrap can take and policies that can be put in place to help ensure the expansion is successful.