How would you create a city that does not produce more air pollution than the atmosphere can cleanse naturally? In creating this more sustainable environment, consider livability, safety, and convenience.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 5:52 pm ad1c9bdddf
How would you create a city that does not produce more air pollution than the atmosphere can cleanse naturally? In creating this more sustainable environment, consider livability, safety, and convenience.
You can create a city that does not product more air pollution than the atmosphere can cleanse naturally by:
- Having co-operation from authorities in respect of environmental management, monitoring, auditing, as well as accountability. Environmental issues should be dealt with in a structured and efficient way, and impact studies should have ensured a better aesthetic and ecologically balanced city.
- There should be a positive relationship between local government and civil society, collective responsibility for the environment, and an ethic of partnership building.
- The city population should be environmentally educated, aware and conscious. Equitable environmental education should have ensured that people care for and respect their environment.
- The environmental quality should have improved in terms of air, water, land and sea.
- The cultural heritage and the built environment should be enhanced, restored and protected, while diverse religions and cultures should enrich the social fabric of the city .
- Environmental poverty should no longer exist and all communities should live in an environment that is not detrimental to their health or well being.
- Waste management should be efficient, and recycling efforts should be supported and sustained by the population.
- Wastewater treatment facilities should be efficient and comply with legislative requirements.
- Public transport should be safe, clean, efficient and non-polluting. Commuters should be less reliant on private transport and there would be significant reductions in traffic congestion and air ...
The question "can a city produce no air pollution?" is answered.