Explain evidence from the IPCC that supports global warming.
Explain why some in the scientific community postulate that climate change is not man-made, but in fact a 'natural phenomenon'.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 19, 2018, 10:42 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/earth-sciences/climate-change-greenhouse-gases/global-warming-international-response-570139
1. The Convention on Climate Change, established on 21 March, 1994, sets an overall framework for intergovernmental efforts to tackle the challenge posed by climate change. It recognizes that the climate system is a shared resource whose stability can be affected by industrial and other emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases (UNFCCC.int). Under the Convention, governments perform the following duties:
• gather and share information on greenhouse gas emissions, national policies and best practices
• launch national strategies for addressing greenhouse gas emissions and adapting to expected impacts, including the provision of financial and technological support to developing countries
• cooperate in preparing for adaptation to the impacts of climate change (UNFCCC.int)
2. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is the leading international body for the assessment of climate change. It was established by the United Nations ...
The solution explains the roles of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), and identifies the major scientific facts that provide evidence of increasing temperatures of Planet Earth.