The creation and use of computing technology enables new capabilities. For example, information and decision rules can be captured and copied more easily; individuals can be monitored, tracked, and evaluated at increasingly short intervals and at finer levels of detail. Thus, new computing capabilities strain our current norms, rules and laws. This problem will only worsen as technology becomes even more capable.
Because computing involves a relatively new and continually changing set of technology capabilities, professionals face some additional complexities beyond the typical questions of rights and fairness (to employees, stockholders, consumers, vendors, community), honesty, responsibility to do no harm, and so forth.
1. Identify and describe 5 specific capabilities of computing (e.g., speed, permanence/storage) made possible or enhanced by computing technology.
2. Select one of the capabilities you identified and discuss its relationship to the following issues raised by the application of the technology:
3. Describe the areas of potential IT policy decisions that may be triggered by your selected capability.
Include relevant information (facts and/or opinions) from expert sources to support selections.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 3:24 am ad1c9bdddf
This posting contains answers to the given questions.
Professional Issues in Computing
Would you help me to get started with the following assignment?
One of the challenges in dealing with cybercrime is the collection of forensic evidence. In this assignment, you will address this challenge by looking at the process of gathering forensic evidence.
In preparing your paper, please make sure you answer the following questions:
* What are the steps followed to gather forensic evidence?
* Is there any formal procedure? If so, what are its characteristics?
* What laws govern seizure of evidence in your part of the world?