The following are the stated objectives of database management systems (DBMS): Integrating databases; reducing redundancy; sharing information; maintaining integrity; and enabling database evolution. In your own words describe each of these by illustrating an example.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:51 pm ad1c9bdddf
The following are the stated objectives of database management systems (DBMS): Integrating databases; reducing redundancy; sharing information; maintaining integrity; and enabling database evolution. In your own words describe each of these by illustrating an example
? Integrating databases: Integrating required information from different databases according to the requirement. An organization has several databases created at different places, by different people belonging to different functions, at different times. DBMS allows the integration of these separate databases when required.
For example, an EMPLOYEE database contains personal details about employees like Name, Address, Contact no, Salary Grade, Department the employee belongs to etc. Another database PAYROLL may contain ...
This posting contains more than 450 words explaining objectives of Database management systems
Emerging Technologies: Business, IT Questions
1. List and describe the four basic functions of an information system. List and describe three types of enterprise systems.
2. There are two fundamental requirements for managing business performance: being able to measure and knowing that your indicator is measuring the right thing. Explain each of these requirements and why they are challenging.
3. What is an advantage of virtualization? List and explain one type of virtualization.
4. What are three of the major data functions performed by a DBMS? Briefly explain the functions.
5. Why are internal threats a major challenge for organizations? How can internal threats be minimized?
6. Why do social networks and cloud computing increase IT security risks? How can those risks be reduced?
7. Implementing security programs raises many ethical issues. Identify two of these ethical issues.
8. List and define 4 of the basic types of e-business transactions. Explain
9. Identify and explain the three major types of BI. Explain data mining. List three characteristics or objectives of data mining.
10. What are the four main points of IT strategic plans? Define them.