A) IT administrators in small companies must often execute several functions at the same time like network administrator, database administrator, user consultant and others. Compared to their situation, their colleagues in larger companies can get more specialized. What are advantages and disadvantages?
b1) Think about yourselves: Which functions or positions in your company would you never take and why?
b2)Have you been in a situation that you had to execute a function against your will? What are your feelings now - positive or negative?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:26 pm ad1c9bdddf
a) IT administrators in small companies must often execute several functions at the same time like network administrator, database administrator, user consultant and others. Compared to their situation, their colleagues in larger companies can get more specialized. What are advantages and disadvantages?
IT administrators in larger companies often have their job roles defined properly, taking into account the availability of a number of persons for executing different jobs. Also the scope of work is a lot larger; hence IT administrators in large companies have clear cut job roles. However in case of smaller companies, IT administrators have to often double up their jobs and act in many roles at the same time including assuming simultaneously the roles of Network Administrator, consultant etc. However there are advantages and disadvantages to such a job profile.
Advantages for IT Administrators in Small Companies
a) By assuming multiple roles in the organization, the IT administrators are well equipped to handle different situations. This makes them versatile and also gives them vital hands on experience in dealing with different situations in ...
This solution examines a number of questions regarding the job functions of an IT administrator and the kind of problems faced by them. It also examines the differences in the work environment for IT administrators in small and large companies.
Business Administrator Resume - Microsoft
I need help with writing an excellent resume for the job description below for a Business Administration at Microsoft. All the keywords need to be included, descriptive employment history descriptions, and add additional skills as needed to match the JD below. This resume will go to hiring managers directly as well as the vendor management systems, so it does need to be a complete resume. The resume that needs to be altered is attached. Thank you!
Are you an enthusiastic and optimistic individual? Do you have initiative and focus? Are you agile and creative? Do you have good judgment supported by an attention to detail? Do you like to collaborate with peers within and outside your organization? If so, come join the Lifecycle Marketing Team!
We are looking for a proven Business Administrator who is enthusiastic and energetic to provide administrative support for a high energy team. In this role, you will support a General Manager responsible for Lifecycle Marketing of 45+ employees within the ASM Integrated Marketing team. If you are eager to strengthen your capabilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are excited about the opportunity to influence the marketing discipline as an administrator, this job is for you!
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Proactively manage a General Manager's complex calendars with utmost attention to accuracy and timelines.
- Arrange domestic and international travel.
- Reconcile and process General Manager's expense reports.
- Partner closely with the managers on activities in support of business strategy, planning, and financials.
- Coordinate and schedule internal/external meetings.
- Manage headcount for team, submit all new hire paperwork and assist in onboarding new employees.
- Identify, recommend, and implement solutions to departmental operations and process issues.
- Manage team aliases ensuring all aliases for the organization are up-to date and hierarchy is aligned.
- Update, maintain and provide accurate organizational charts for the organization.
- Coordinate department facility operations, including space planning and office moves in partnership with team business administrators.
- Submit financial reclass and accruals every month.
- Enable morale events across the Lifecycle Marketing team, including to be part of the "sprout" and "boom" morale teams.
- Ensure compliance with administrative operations policies and procedures.
- Building relationships with Group admin community.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in all transactions to include communicating and working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Partner with lead admin within Office Integrated and Lifecycle team to ensure all of the above is handled appropriately.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience supporting a senior manager at Microsoft or external role in a fast paced environment.
- Balanced skill profile including attention to detail, problem solving, organization and time management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous experience in a marketing organization is a plus.
- Ability to build effective cross-group working relationships and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to accommodate varying work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, calmly and confidently with a "can-do" attitude.
- Must have a high level of integrity and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.View Full Posting Details