1. What are the most important roles in systems development? What are the responsibilities of those roles and what do you think makes them most important?
2.Systems Development Life Cycles have been used in many businesses for nearly 30 years. What are the advantages of using an SDLC in a business? What, if any, are the disadvantages?
3.How have the roles of systems analysts and end users changed in the past 20 years? What are the benefits and drawbacks to these changes?
Q: 1. What are the most important roles in systems development? What are the responsibilities of those roles and what do you think makes them most important?
System Development may be divided into following phases->
1. Feasibility Study
2. Requirements Analysis and Specification
3. Requirements Gathering
6. Integration and System Testing
I am covering all these steps one by one
1. Feasibility Study
The main aim of feasibility study is to determine whether developing the product is financially worthwhile and technically feasible. In this stage
First we roughly understand what the customer wants:
different data which would be input to the system,
processing needed on these data,
output data to be produced by the system,
various constraints on the behavior of the system.
Activities during Feasibility Study are as given
Work out an overall understanding of the problem.
Formulate different solution strategies.
Examine alternate solution strategies in terms of:
a. resources required,
b. cost of development, and
c. development time.
Perform a cost/benefit analysis:
To determine which solution is the best.
It may happen you may determine that none of the solutions is feasible due to:
2. Requirements Analysis and Specification-> In this phase we understand the exact requirements of the customer and document them properly.
This stage basically consists of two distinct activities:
requirements gathering and analysis
Goals of Requirements Analysis
Collect all related data from the customer:
analyze the collected data to clearly understand what the customer wants,
find out any inconsistencies and incompleteness in the requirements and resolve all inconsistencies and incompleteness
3. Requirements Gathering -> In this stage we usually collected from the end-users through interviews and discussions, like for a business accounting software, software for library.
In this stage the data we initially collect from the users would usually contain several contradictions and ambiguities because each user typically has only a partial and incomplete view of the ...
Detailed explanation of problems