I am trying to understand the prelaboratory assignment, Can you make it any simpler than this?
The questions are attached on page 163.
1. Write the equation and the equilibrium constant expression for the reaction under study in the experiment
The equation is
Fe3+ SCN- --> FeSCN2+
2. What species is being spectrophotometrically measured?
3. What is the color of the speices?
4. What is a standard curve?
5. Given the following data prepare a Plot of Absorbane Vs [FeSCN2+]
6. What is the [FeSCN2+] at an absorbance of 0.35 from the standard curve?
The Equilibrium Constant-Transition Metal Complex-Keq is investigated. The solution is detailed and has a '5/5' rating.