1. The respiratory rate of a person is 20 breathes per minute. If every average breath is about 310cm^3 of air at 22C and 740mmHG, what volume of air in cubic meters and corrected to standard temperature and pressure conditions does a person breathe in one day?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:26 pm ad1c9bdddf
First we need to find out the number of breaths per day:
(20 breaths/min) * (1440 min / d) = 28800 breaths / d
Next, we need to find the number of moles in an average breath from ...
This solution is provided in 165 words. It uses number of breaths per day and moles to find total volume of air breathed per day.
Standard Temperature and Pressure of Chlorine
Chlorine is widely used to purify municipal water supplies and to treat swimming pool waters. Suppose that the volume of a particular sample of Cl2 gas is 8.70 L at 895 torr and 240C.
1) How many grams of chlorine are in the sample?
2) What volume will the chlorine occupy at Standard Temperature and Pressure (STP)?
3) At what temperature will the volume be 15.00 L if the pressure is 8.76 x 102 torr?
4) At what pressure will the volume be equal to 6.00 L if the temperature is 58 degrees Celsius?
Please provide a detailed explanation.