I am having some trouble with this question.
Question: a) A copper refining cell is operating with an electrolyte which contains 0.05 m Sn2+. At what concentration of Cu2+ will the tin start to plate out in preference to the copper? The cell temperature is 40 degrees Celsius.
b) A polarization potential arises from a concentration difference between ions in the neighborhood of the electrode and those in the bulk of the electrolyte solution. Calculate the polarization potential in a copper electro-refining cell given the following information.
Cell temperature: 40 degrees Celsius
Cu2+ concentration in the bulk of the solution: 1.0 m
Cu2+ concentration adjacent to the anode: 5.0 m
Cu2+ concentration adjacent to the cathode: 0.2 m
This solution provides a step by step response, which acts as the perfect study guide to use for understanding and solving this question. The equations and variables necessary are given. In order to view the solution, a Word document needs to be opened.
Biological Influences of Psychology
In order to better understand how preschool children learn from their play activities, you have advised the Product Development department to study the biological influences of psychology. See the scenario for the specifics of your role.
Develop a short presentation describing the biological influences of psychology. In your presentation you may include elements such as:
1. Functions of the various systems and the divisions of the nervous system.
2. The importance of understanding the biological influences of psychology. Detail what these influences are.
3. The importance that biological factors play in bodily appetites.
4. Similarities and differences in the functions of the spinal cord and the brain.
5. Major areas of the brain and the function of each area. How prescription medicines are designed to positively affect brain function.
6. The way hormones affect our behavior.