Last minute cram for finals tonight. I found these as pertains to my weak areas, so, just to see if I am doing ok, if I am wrong, please correct me-I can probably find where I went wrong!
1. What mass of solid CaO is needed to remove the sulfur dioxide from 1.0 x 106 m3 of air having an SO2 concentration of 1.5 x 10-9 M? Assume that the reaction leading to removal of the sulfur dioxide is CaO(s) + SO2(g) CaCO3(s).
6.3 × 10-84
2.5 × 10-24
1.6 × 1083
3. The equilibrium constant at 427oC for the reaction N2(g) + 3H2(g) 2NH3(g) is
Kp = 9.4 × 10-5. Calculate the value of Go for the reaction under these conditions.
4. Complete and balance the following redox equation that occurs in acidic solution using the set of smallest whole-number coefficients. What is the sum of all the coefficients in the equation?
PbO2(s) + Cl-→ Pb2+ + Cl2(g) (acidic solution)
(No choices give on this one) 5
5. Complete and balance the following redox equation using the set of smallest whole-numbers coefficients. What is the sum of the coefficients?
HI + HNO3→ I2 + NO (acidic solution)
6. Complete and balance the following redox equation.
Br2→ BrO3- + Br- (basic solution)
The sum of the smallest whole-number coefficients is
7. Complete and balance the following redox equation using the set of smallest whole-number coefficients. Now sum the coefficients of all species in the balanced equation. (Remember the coefficients that are equal to one.)
BrO3-(aq) + Sb3+(aq) → Br-(aq) + Sb5+(aq) (acidic solution)
8.If the measured voltage of the cell Zn(s) | Zn2+(aq) || Ag+(aq) | Ag(s) is 1.37 V when the concentration of Zn2+ ion is 0.010 M, what is the Ag+ ion concentration?
4.0 × 10-9M
6.2 × 10-3M
6.2 × 10-5M
9.Calculate the cell emf for the following reaction at 25oC:
Ni(s) + 2Cu2+(0.010 M) → Ni2+(0.0010 M) + 2Cu+(1.0 M)
10. A current of 0.80 A was applied to an electrolytic cell containing molten CdCl2 for 2.5 hours. Calculate the mass of cadmium metal deposited.
3.2 × 10-7 g
1.2 × 10-3 g
This solution explains a variety of electrochemistry problems.
Problems on Electrochemistry
Electrochemistry Part IV
1- When the following equation is correctly balanced in acidic solution, how many electrons are transferred?
2- What is the oxidation state of C in the CF4 molecule?
3- Which species is being reduced in the following reaction:
4- Calculate E°cell for the following redox reaction. Zn2+ (aq) + Sn2+ (aq) → Zn (s) + Sn4+ (aq)
5- A student provides a current of 2.50 amps through a solution of CaCl2 (aq) for 4.50 hours. The voltage is such that calcium metal is deposited at the cathode. What is the mass of calcium deposited?
6- What is the cell potential for the reaction Mg(s)+Fe 2+ (aq)→Mg 2+ (aq)+Fe(s) at 67 ∘ C when [Fe 2+ ]= 3.80M and [Mg 2+ ]= 0.310M.Express your answer to three significant figures and include the appropriate units.