I am requesting help with the following questions. If possible please format in a Word Document:
1. Tell what products you expect and by what mechanism they are formed for each of the following reactions:
a. 2-chlorohexane + ethanol
b. 2-chlorohexane + sodium ethoxide (in ethanol)
c. 2-chlorohexane + sodium hydrosulfide
2. Give the structures of all possible products when 2-chlorobutane reacts by the E-2 mechanism.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:53 am ad1c9bdddf
The reactions of 2-chlorohexane with ethanol, sodium ethoxide and sodium hydrosulfide are outlined along with E2 mechanisms.
Organic Reaction Mechanisms
Written Assignment 6
Submit your solutions to the following problems. Show all work where applicable .Answers alone are not acceptable.
1. Select an alkyl halide and a nucleophile that will give each of the following products:
2. Draw out each of the following equations in a way that shows clearly the stereochemistry of the reactants and products.
a. (R)-3-chlorohexane+sodium methoxide(in methanol) 3-methoxyhexane
b. (S)-2-chlorobutane+methanol 2-methoxybutane
3. Determine the order of reactivity for (CH3)2CHCH2Br, (CH3)3CBr, and CH3CHBrCH2CH3
b. NaSH(sodium hydrosulfide)
4. Tell ALL possible products you expect and by what mechanism they are formed for each of the following reactions:
5. Give the structures of all possible products when 2-chlorobutane reacts by the E-2 mechanism.View Full Posting Details