Describe and compare disinfection using chlorine, ozone and ultraviolet light by listing the advantages and the disadvantages of each disinfectant in a table.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:53 pm ad1c9bdddf
Advantages: Chlorine dioxide, ClO2, is a very effective form of chlorination since it will kill protozoans. In addition, chlorine dioxide oxidizes all metals and organic matter, converting the organic matter to carbon dioxide and water.
Disadvantages: Chlorine dioxide also has other disadvantages. It is dangerous around activated carbon, it can ...
This solution describes disinfection with chlorine, ozone, and ultraviolet light.
Food Microbiology - Nonthermal Technologies
1. Please mention 5 nonthermal technologies to process foods and thoroughly describe all of them.
2. Please explain the Preservation of Foods by Oscillating Magnetic Fields. Please provide a critical evaluation of this technology. Explain the possible mechanism of microbial inactivation by this approach.
3. Please sketch the design of a plant to process juices using Pulsed Electric Fields. The plant should have a capacity to process 5000 liters per our. Please try to be as realistic as possible and document as much as possible your design.
4. Please explain two possible approaches to design a high pressure vessel. Please provide as much details as possible.
5. Please define bacteriocins and mention at least three with potential food applications. Please describe in details how the microbial inactivation takes place.
Note: please write all references.View Full Posting Details