A) Write one set of quantum numbers for an electron in that orbital
B) Sketch picture of orbital.
C) List an element whose outer most electron occupies this orbit.
Write one set of quantum numbers for the 2d orbital. I was told that it cannot happen - Why? n=2, l=0,1,2,msubl = 0, -1,0,1, -2...........2. Explain please.
The solution is attached below in two Word XP Format, while the other is in Adobe pdf format. Therefore you can ...
Orbits of the electrons are analyzed and discussed in the solution.
Molecular Orbital: Example Questions
Construct a molecular orbital diagram for each geometry
Which of the following are true:
1. The positively charged carbon atom contributes four valence electrons to the molecular orbitals of the methyl cation.
2. The lowest unoccupied orbital for the planar methyl cation is an sp2 hybrid orbital.
3. The LUMO in the tetrahedral methyl cation is an sp3 hybrid orbital.
4. The LUMO in the tetrahedral methyl cation is lower in energy than the LUMO in the planar methyl cation.
5. The tetrahedral methyl cation is a stronger electrophile than the planar methyl cation.
6. The planar methyl carbon is more reactive than the tetrahedral methyl cation.
Please see attached for diagrams.View Full Posting Details