1. Give the number of electrons, Protons and neutrons in 24NA (small 24 to the top)
2. Give the electron configuration of the following A: A1 B: F- (- is at the top)
3. Give a set of four quantum numbers that describe the last electron to be placed in the electron configuration of the following atoms.
4. Draw the Lewis dot structure of each of the following
Please refer to the attached file. Cheers.
1. 24Na: No matter which isotopes of Na you are looking at, sodium always has 11 protons because its atomic number is 11. It has 13 (24 - 11) neutrons. Because it has 11 protons, it also has 11 electrons.
2. Al: 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p1
F-: 1s2 2s2 2p6
3. The electron configuration of Ar is [Ne] 3s2 3p6
Solution attaches a Word file with calculated answers shown for these 4 mixed electron questions.
Hamiltonian and electron configuration
What is the Born-Oppenheimer electronic Hamiltonian for the H_2^+ cation (atomic units
Write down the electron configurations for C2 and F2. What is the bond order for each?
Which one is likely to have larger bond dissociation energy? Which one is likely to have a longer bond length?