I've attached the file
1.True or false
A. When water is added to a solution of an acid the pH changes.
B. Some nonmetal oxides react with water to form acidic solutions.
C. In the same size container at the same temperature 5.00g of O2 ha the same pressure as 5.00g of CO2.
D. Agricultural fertilizers can be water pollutants.
E. All isotopes are radioactive.
F. The two major components of air are oxygen and argon.
G One function of auto catalytic converters is to convert
CO to CO2.
H. When an isotope emits gamma radiation it becomes
A different element.
I. As the [H+] in a solution increases the pH increases.
J. As a radioactive isotope decomposes its half life changes.
2. 0.0100 moles of HCl, a strong acid, is dissolved in 10.0L of solution
A. What is the molarity of H+ ions in the solution?
B. What is the pH of the solution?
C. What is the [OH-] in the solution?
D. Is the solution acidic or basic?
3. What is the pressure in atmospheres of 2.50 grams of O2 gas in a 752mL container at 25.0oC
4. A. An isotope with atomic number 84 and mass number 212 emits an alpha
particle. What are the atomic number and mass number of the product?
B. An atom of atomic number 48 with a mass number of 113 emits a beta particle.
what are the atomic number and mass number of the product?
5. Considering the reaction:
2NaN3 → 2Na + 3N2
How many litres of N2 gas result when 95.0 grams of NaN3 react at 25.0oC and 0.950 atmosphere?
A number of problems dealing with gases, stoichiometry and nuclear chemistry are solved in the solution.
Chemistry Questions: "A water solution has 1.00x10-3 moles of H+ in 10.0L of solution."
1. Please clearly show all steps of logical solutions.
2. Be sure to give answers correct units and significant figures.
1.True or false
A. All compounds that contain hydrogen are acids.
B. A solution with pH 5 has 10 times higher [H+] than a solution with
C. SO3 in the atmosphere is one cause of acid rain.
D. Agricultural fertilizers are not a cause of water pollution.
E. One function of an auto catalytic converter is to convert CO
F. In two half lives a radioactive isotope is completely gone.
G Beta radiation from an atom is emission of a valence electron.
H. In the same size container at the same temperature, 25g of N2 gas
Has the same pressure as 25g of NH3 gas.
I. Chlorofluorocarbon compounds are considered to be a prime cause
of ozone depletion in the stratosphere..
J. The two elements in greatest amount in air are N2 and O2 .
2. A water solution has 1.00x10-3 moles of H+ in 10.0L of solution.
A. What is the [H+] ?
B. What is the pH ?
C. What is [OH-] ?
D.Is the solution acidic or basic?
3. Explaining the reasons for your answers:
A. Why is a solution of SO3 in water acidic?
B. Why is a solution of MgO in water basic?
4. A. An isotope with atomic number 89 and mass number 225 emits an alpha
particle. What are the atomic and mass numbers of the resultant atom?
B. An isotope with atomic number 74 and a mass number of 188 emits a beta particle. What are the atomic and mass numbers of the resultant atom?
5. What is the pressure in atmospheres of 125 grams of N2 gas in a 12.0L container at 25.0oC ?
6. Why is HCl termed a "strong acid" and CH3COOH termed a "weak" acid?
7. How many grams of NaOH are contained in 825mL of a 0.400 molar solution?
8. 2C8H18 + 25O2 ? 16CO2 + 18H2O
How many liters of CO2 gas result at 0.950atm and 25.0oC when 525g of C8H18 react ?
9. Person A has well water with 0.011ppm (parts per million) of Pb2+ Person B has well water with 6.5x10-5 grams of Pb2+ in 5.00L
Which person has well water with the lower concentration of Pb2+ ? Clearly explain the reason for your answer.
10. 975 atoms of an element with a half life of 4.50 seconds are synthesized. How many of the atoms remain
A. After 9.00 seconds?
B. After 13.50 seconds?