1. A diver at a depth of 100 ft (pressure approximately 3 atm) exhales a small bubble of air with a volume equal to 100 mL. What will be the volume of the bubble (assume the same amount of air) at the surface?
2. What would the volume of gas contained in an expandable 1.0 L cylinder at 15 MPa (1MPa = 10^6 Pa) be at 1 atm (assuming constant temperature)?
3. A sample tube containing 103.6 mL of CO gas at 20.6 torr is connected to an evacuated 1.13 liter flask. (The new volume is the sum of those of the tube and flask.) What will the pressure be when the CO is allowed into the flask?
4. If a 16.6 L sample of gas contains 9.2 moles of F2, how many moles of gas would there be in a 750 mL sample at the same temperature and pressure?
5. An 11.2 L sample of gas is determined to contain 0.50 moles N2. At the same temperature and pressure how many moles of gas would there be in a 20. L sample?
Please see the attached file.
Here n1 = n2 and T1 = T2
P1V1 = P2V2
2.) What would the volume of gas contained in an expandable 1.0 L cylinder at 15 MPa (1MPa = 10^6 Pa) be at 1 atm (assuming constant ...
The solution provides detailed explanations and answer for these problems.