1. A freezer has a coefficient of performance of 2.40 and can convert 1.80 kg of water at 25 degree C to ice at -5 degree c in 1 hr.
a. The heat removed per hour is ------------ and
b. The electrical energy consumed per hour is---------
2. Divers are sealed in deep-dive research vessel on the deck of the mother ship and lowered to a depth of 4000 m into the ocean. The density of sea water = 1.00 x 103 kg/m3
a. the force of the water on a 30.5 cm diameter port window is ------------N or --------atm
3. A solid uranium cylinder weighs 91.53 N in air and 86.63 N when submerged in water.
a. The volume of the cylinder is ----------mt^3
b. The density of uranium is---------kg/mt^3
4. On each heartbeat, about 70 cm^3 of blood is forced from a human heart at an average pressure of approx 105 mm Hg.
a. If the heart beats 70 times per minute, the average power output of the heart is ---------- watts© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 7:32 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file for detailed solutions.
1. There are three processes to freeze the water to ice:
The temperature of water first decreases from 25°C to 0°C, The specific heat capacity of water is 4190 J/kg ·K.
Then we need to find the ...
The solution is comprised of detailed solution of the calculation of the heat removed by the freezer. It also explains how to calculate the pressure when an object is submerged underwater. Finally, it shows the step-by-step explanations of the average power output of the heart.