1) Explain the concept of chemical kinetics and the various factors that influence reaction states.
2) Relate experimental measurements to reaction rates and the rate laws.
3) Determine the order of reaction, the rate law, the rate constant, and the rate of concentrations.
4) Solve first-order rate problems.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com November 24, 2022, 1:50 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) Chemical kinetics are a big part of the way in which chemists describe how solutions/compounds undergo reactions or change. Every time a solid, liquid or gas has a reaction with another solid, liquid, or gas we can use chemical kinetics to describe what is happening. Every reaction has a certain rate associated with it. Several factors influence these reaction rates: How long of a time period it takes for the reaction to proceed, the concentration of the compounds involved in the reaction, the temperature of the surroundings during the reaction, and the pressure and volume of the reaction (which is related to the temperature through the ideal gas law).
2) When they say experimental measurements they mean things we can physically measure in the lab. ...
This solution explains several concepts of chemical kinetics including reaction rates and laws, the rate constant, and the rate of concentrations.