Please show all work and identify all parts of equations. Please remember that this is a first year course and keep answers simple.
1. The Equilibrium Expression. Write the equilibrium expression for each of the following systems.
a. 3 NO(g) ----> N2O(g) + NO2(g)
b. Zn(s) + 2 H+(aq) ----> Zn2+(aq) + H2(g)
c. Ti(s) + 2 Cl2(g) ----> TiCl4(l)
d. 3 Hg(l) + 2 Al3+(aq) ----> 3 Hg2+(aq) + 2 Al(s)
2. The Stoichiometry of an Equilibrium Mixture. A 0.211-mol sample of gaseous carbon monoxide and a 0.383-mol sample of gaseous elemental hydrogen are placed in a 2.00-L closed container at 500 K, where they react to form methanol (CH3OH). If there are 0.0406 moles of methanol at equilibrium, what is the molarity of each substance in the equilibrium mixture?
3. The Equilibrium Constant. Consider the reaction 2 NO(g) + 2 H2(g) ----> N2(g) + 2 H2O(g). A 3.00-L container is filled with a mixture of 0.300 mol NO, 0.150 mol H2, and 0.300 mol H2O. When equilibrium is established [NO] = 0.062 M. What is the value of Kc?
4. The Equilibrium Constant. Consider the reaction SO2Cl2(g) ----> SO2(g) + Cl2(g), where Kc = 0.078 at 100°C. What is the molarity of the chlorine gas at equilibrium if the equilibrium mixture contains 2.70 mol SO2Cl2 and 1.30 mol SO2 in a 25.0-L container?
5. The Equilibrium Constant. Consider the reaction 2 NO2Cl(g) ----> 2 NO2(g) + Cl2(g). A 12.0-L container holds these gases at equilibrium. What is the value of Kc for this reaction if there are 1.036 g NO2Cl, 5.962 g NO2, and 4.578 g Cl2 at equilibrium?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 17, 2018, 9:43 am ad1c9bdddf
This solution is provided in a 5 page .pdf file. It discusses the law of mass action, how to find moles in a reactant and constant expression.